Saturday, January 10, 2009

Quick and Easy- bringing a book to life


A favorite book in this house is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault.
I made this very quick and easy palm tree, inspired by Lois Ehlert's illustrations, out of felt with the intention of making a whole felt board story. After finding out that my Sizzix machine doesn't cut felt quite as well as I thought it would, the project got put on hold, as hand cutting all the letters wasn't very appealing in the Pre-Christmas crafting rush. Then Aurora got this Melissa and Doug wooden magnetic letter set. Perfect! I put it up on the fridge with a bit of double sided tape and it's been getting a lot of use since then! I know they have felt already adheared to magnetic sheets at the craft store-- I think I may remake it, and also include the sun and moon to complete the story.

No comments: