Monday, December 8, 2008

Oh, Christmas Tree...

Time for the Christmas Tree! We went to cut down our Chrismas Tree at this great little tree farm called Bees, Fleas and Trees in Litchfield, CT. it was such a wonderful day!!! Litchfield is a very cute, traditional, quaint New England town. All the houses were just beautiful and everybody we met was very nice (even at the Dunkin' Donuts- which isn't exactly known for its service :)). Exactly how one would envision Connecticut to be. There were some neighborhood boys helping at the tree farm that day and I kept hearing them say things like "Is there anything else I can do for you Mr. Gilbert (owner of the farm)" or "I stacked all the wood for you, Mr. Gilbert" or "gee, that's swell Mr. Gilbert"-- okay, maybe not that, but it really did seem like you were stepping back in time to 50 yrs ago. The owners of the farm, the Gilberts, are also the parents of Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat Pray Love, a copy of which I picked up at the farm and am really enjoying and highly recommend. Litchfield is also home to White Flower Farm, which we've ordered from before and I can't wait to see their show gardens in the spring.

On our drive up, we saw a sign for an open farm day at an Alpaca farm and decided to take a detour. The alpacas were really very sweet- the babies would come up and nuzzle Aurora, she loved it- and they were so, so, so soft!!!! I picked up 4 6oz balls of alpaca roving (for a very reasonable price) for wet and needle felting. I'll post pics when I finish some thing, but I've started needle felting a sheep for Rory for Christmas. I've got a lot of projects going though, so hopefully I'll get it done!

I'll post a pic of the finished tree as soon as I get a new battery for my camera!




No comments: